Sunday 1 March 2020

Being Who I Am

Let me be blunt about it, I cannot be sharp all the time.

To be alert about what i say, how i say. Measure, be cautious of what i am attracting.
i have to be alert, sharp of what? That i am presenting myself presentably to conform to someone?

People say things to you and move on. Making their judgments and observations about you. And guess what, they have not lived your life!


I am left stranded here, with who i am. Wondering what was that about. Is the other person's view of who i am, the person i am? Or is it their notion of me? My friend may be helpful in letting me know where i went wrong. But even my friend has not lived my life. I am not just that moment of someone's judgment of who i am, i am sum total of everything i have been through up till that moment. And they haven't been a part of the sum total. My decisions, my choices in the times i made them. It is convergence of so many events in my life. My thought process shaped by a history, that is still embedded in me. My nature still inside a shell which has been shaped by the hands of circumstances. I am already cautious, how much more could be, restricting myself from living wholly and completely without a sign of shame or regret for how i am. Rather a celebration of being me, as i am.

Your expectation of how i need to be more careful, choosy, cautious and sharp. Because in my Me-ness, i am vulnerable, unprotected and accessible to the predators. But the River must flow. I am River, i am vulnerable, my softness is my strength. My vulnerability my nature. My acceptance of my Me-ness is my confidence and language of expression.

Sharp is so "sharp". It is not soft, like i am. It is not smooth and fluid , like me. I am a river, i flow. I flow down the mountain, around it, in the valleys, through forests, past beautiful lives all around me. Playing with the wind, reflecting the sky and hugging the earth. I bury into the hardness of earth, i caress it's solidness and bring it to life. I am a blunt movement harmonizing with the nature's rhythm. I fall sharply at times down from the clouds as rain and mountainsides like a waterfall. I rise with the heat of the fire to the sky in utmost softness and joy. I am carried by the winds over various terrains. Sometimes turbulent, sometimes gentle drift.
I am tenacious enough to break through a solid rock, over centuries. I am willing to wait. I love the sharpness of my soft nature.
I build a hard sharp shell to protect my soft real me. I fill up the hard space and take it's form and i am yet the soft me. i am content.
Water i am, i am blunt, i am soft and feel at home on the Earth. Fire makes me break my limits, breeze is my vehicle. I am just water, voiceless, colorless and formless soft existence.
With earth i make forms of life's beauty and use. With air i snow to give rest to tired souls and bring rain to nurture life. With fire i make the clouds. With sky i float and in its light make colors of beautiful rainbow and clouds.
Let me be blunt about it, i cannot be sharp all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment